| My Dress |
Sometimes we all just need to pretend we’re a fairy princess, right? I had a sudden burst of creativity the other day and decided to make a flower crown out of real flowers! The only bad part was I had no where to wear it after I made it…so you can either be like me and make one for fun, or make one for an upcoming festival, date, or wedding! These would be so adorable for a flower girl!
I had never made one before so I messed around and finally figured out the easiest way to make these, read my steps below!
•Flower wire (purchase here)
•Flower tape (purchase here)
1. First, I took some flower wire and made a circle the size I wanted around my head. Tip – when you add the flowers you don’t end up having as much room as you thought so make your circle a little bigger then you want it to turn out.
2. After making two loops around the circle, I took more wire and began wrapping it around the circles to hold them together and make them stronger.
3. Next I trimmed a few flowers and began taping and wiring them to the crown. I found it was easiest to first wire around a flower then put tape over that to secure it.
4. Continue putting flowers all around your crown, working in a circle where every new flower you put down overlaps the last one.
5. At the end go through and wire more flowers on if you see any places that need more, you don’t need to tape every flower after you wire it. Taping gets especially hard at the end so just make sure to wrap the wires tight.
6. You’re done, go rock it!
Pin this post to for later or to share with your friends:
More Off the Shoulder Dresses:
Lauren Emily Lindmark
Copyright © 2016 dailydoseofcharm.com