In honor of my pup’s second birthday today, I decided to write down all the reasons why we love our dogs…
1. They’re always there.
Hard day? They’re there. Cooking dinner? They’re there. Trying to get work done? They’re there. You can’t really complain though.
2. They let us dress them up in ridiculous costumes just to make us happy.
Ya know, if you’re into that stuff.
3. They look up to you.
Literally and figuratively.
4. They’re a 24 hour security system, even when it’s just a squirrel.
No matter the size.
5. They get excited about the littlest things.
One word. Walk.
6. They have most likely perfected the puppy dog eyes.
So now you can’t get mad at them for peeing on the carpet.
7. They always have a goofy smile on their face right when you need it.
Why can’t we be as happy as our dogs?
8. Even when they do something wrong, you can’t help but still love them with all of your heart.
I’m sure they didn’t mean to tear up your favorite pillow.
9. They’ll always appreciate your cooking.
They’re your biggest fan when it comes to food.
10. They’re always excited to see you.
With their tail waging and a goofy grin.
11. There is never a dull moment in the house.
You always have your side kick there to entertain.
12. They’re always down to take a photo with you.
Even though they’ll always outshine you.
13. Even when they’re mad you know they still love you.
Even when it’s time to go to the vet.
14. They’re great cuddle buddies.
Who wouldn’t want to cuddle up with their dog after a long day?
15. When they turn their head at you.
16. They’re always down for adventures…
17. …or lazy days in bed.
19. They love you unconditionally.
They are your best friend, after all.
Lauren Emily Lindmark
Copyright © 2015 dailydoseofcharm.com