So today’s post was supposed to be an outfit of the day (I have so many cute clothes I need to share with you all that I am so excited about)! However, I woke up feeling so sick yesterday and didn’t feel like getting ready to take photos #bloggerprobz haha. So since I wanted to post more beauty posts this year I might as well share a post with you all about my current beauty favorites! I know I just did a beauty post yesterday (3 Valentine’s Day Hair Ideas) so I promise after this it will be back to for outfits!
I used to be really into beauty products when I was younger and spent so much money on trying new products! Now that I’m older I try to save money more (sometimes…) so I haven’t been as into trying different products as I used to. However, now my little sister is going through a total beauty-crazed faze so I just take tips from her! In fact, pretty much everyone in my family loves beauty products so we all just end up trying each other’s stuff.
So here are some of my favorite products I have found, or that I’ve been suggested to try from friends and family, that I love!
- It Cosmetics Make Up Brushes and Brush Bag Set (similar)- this is something I actually got for Christmas from my mom that I love! I always used to just throw all my brushes in a regular make up bag so it’s so nice to finally have a specific place they all go where they don’t get dirty. This bag is super cute because it rolls up!
- Becca Champagne Pop Highlighter and Hyacinth Blush – I’ve recently gotten so into the dewy look so I have been obsessed with trying highlighters! Champagne Pop is such a classic, but I love how they also make it in this double compact with a cute blush too! I have been obsessed with wearing both lately.
- Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil – I honestly should have made this number one because I am crazy about this stuff! I used to be the “kid with with acne” growing up, and I’m not just talking about a few pimples here and there. I had HORRIBLE acne to the point where I actually got a prescription for Accutane (a super potent medicine that has a million side effects, but is supposed to cure your acne), but I chickened out last minute. As I’ve gotten older my skin has gotten a lot better, but I still always have tiny little bumps it seems like. BUT GUYS! I tried this and literally after one night my skin looked better! It is a little pricey, but totally worth it. Go to Sephora and at least get a sample!
- Garnier BB Cream – This is actually something my roommate last year (and bff) Emily showed me! I love when I can find drugstore products I like, but foundation is always iffy for me when it comes to cheap brands. However, this stuff is awesome! It actually has a decent amount of coverage for a BB cream! The only downside is it is a little dark so this winter I have been mixing face lotion in with it to make it lighter.
- Wet Brush – We’ve all heard that you aren’t supposed to brush your hair when it’s wet, only comb it. The frustrating thing is combing takes forever! I started using the wet brush this summer and love how fast it is! Plus it’s inexpensive!
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highlighter in OPAL – Back to talking about how much I love dewy skin, this stuff is perfect! I usually put this on daily just to give myself a little glow. I love the color because it look so natural! When I’m going out or have a special occasion I will put the Champagne Pop (mentioned above) over this to add more definition!
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyebrow Pen in Medium – I am in no way an expert awn doing my eyebrows, but I started using this Stila brow pencil and I actually get compliments on how my eyebrows look! I think the thing I love about this is how easy it is to use, you don’t have to be a makeup artist to get them to look good and I only use this one product! Only downside would be it runs out fast since it’s liquid, still worth it though!
- Beauty Blender – I have been using make up sponges for a long time, but I always just bought the cheap target brand because I liked to replace them frequently. In December my mom gave me a real beauty blender for Christmas and I was SHOCKED at how much of a difference there was! I had heard before that the real Beauty Blender brand was the best, but I just kept buying the cheap ones. Now I will never go back!
- RMS Beauty Coconut Oil Wipes – One of the best ways I have found to minimize acne is using a make up remover and face wash at night. I always used to use the Neutrogena wipes (I have probably used them for 5 years!), but for Christmas I got these coconut oil wipes and they totally changed the game! I love that they are all natural and they actually get your make up off! This was another product that I realized pretty quickly how much better my skin looked after using it!
- Naked Smokey Pallet – I bought this at Ulta when they were having the half off sale and it has since become my go to pallet! Even for day looks, I love the first three colors and the last two. Definitely one to add to your collection!
I hope you all enjoyed this little beauty favorites post! Let me know if you want to see more post like this in the future.
Lauren Emily Lindmark
Copyright © 2017 dailydoseofcharm.com