“It’s the little moments in life that make you strong. It’s when ‘Fight Light a Girl’ becomes a compliment & every second turns into an #ipinkican moment.”
Last month I worked with this awesome company called Stage. I did a fun shoe roundup on my blog and I was really excited about the company because of their products. When I work with companies I always make sure our values align, but I had no idea how amazing Stage actually was! They contacted me after my initial blogpost to tell me about an awesome campaign they are running called #ipinkican. In recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, this year Stage is turning October into Pink October. Throughout the month, Stage will be helping raise money for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) through various in-store and online activations. Stage guests will have the opportunity to help give back throughout the month and share their moments of strength.
● In-store: There are going to be various events and opportunities to take part, including sales of “Pink” items with 50% of the purchase price from the sales of these items going to BCRF. Find out at Your local Stage Store!
● Online: During the month of October, for every #ipinkican moment (when you share using the hashtag on Instagram or Facebook), Stage will donate $1.00 to support Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Start sharing to get involved and raise awareness!
Find out more information about Pink October at Stage.com/IPINKICAN.
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, I want to talk about the women in my life. I know so many strong and amazing women. I am so blessed to be surrounded by people who inspire me and make me a better person. I, as I am sure a lot of you, have been affected by Breast Cancer in my life. I have had relatives, teachers, friends, and role models who have all had to fight that fight. A fight they did not choose. Their strength is something that will always inspire me.
One of the strongest women I know is my mother. She is the hardest worker, gives the best advice, and helps people in any way she can. She has had family members who have been diagnosed with Breast Cancer and I know her strength and support was something that helped them through. Growing up she always put a big emphasis on self care. Whether it was a mental health day, going to the doctor, taking time for yourself, etc. She always reminded me to take care of myself so I can be a stronger person. I wanted to share with you all some of the best self care tips she’s taught me.
Self Care Tips for Staying Strong:
1. Annual Breast Checks (and daily checks on yourself). This is something my mom has done my whole life. Every year I hear her say, “I made my appointment to get a mammogram.” and because of that it has become ingrained in my mind to do. Daily self checks are also important to check for any abnormalities.
2. Stay Active. Whenever I think about working out I cringe. It is not my favorite thing to do, however, my mom has always been there to remind me that even just a walk with the dogs is good for your body and mind. I think of her whenever I go on a walk!
3. Listen to Podcasts. There are so many podcasts made my strong, amazing women. I love Megan Rienk’s, The Balanced Blonde’s and Oprah’s! Sometimes all you need to be strong is a little advice!
4. Mental Health Days. Staying strong isn’t just about being physically strong. So much of it is mental. I don’t think my generation, or society as a whole, puts a great enough emphasis on needing a rest day. You can’t be hustling 24/7. It’s okay to take a breather!
5. Learn Something New. Taking the time to pick up new hobbies or habits is a good way to keep yourself mentally fit and physically. Whether it’s a sport, calligraphy, an instrument, or baking a new recipe. There are so many ways to try new things!
6. Get Ready for the Day. There are those days where we don’t feel like a strong woman. We roll out of bed, throw whatever is lying around on, and go to class/work/lay around. Something that always helps me get in a strong mindset is when I get up, I shower, do my hair and makeup, and put on an outfit that makes me feel confident!
7. Surround Yourself with Happy People/Animals. Like I was talking about above, I am really lucky to have strong, amazing people in my life who inspire me. I wanted to include animals as well because I am a huge introvert. Although I love being around close friends and loved ones, sometimes a little bit of snuggle time with my pup is just what I need.
I hope you guys enjoyed these tips. Don’t forget to share posts with #ipinkican to get $1 donated by Stage to BCRF. Also shop some of the cute pink products that Stage has including this adorable pink robe!
Lauren Emily Lindmark
*This post was sponsored by Stage, however, all opinions are always my own.
Copyright © 2018 dailydoseofcharm.com