Happy New Year + HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT | My 2019 New Year’s Resolutions & Looking back on 2018’s Resolutions
Happy 2019! Is anyone else in complete denial that the year is over?! I always feel like it goes by so fast, but if you think back to who you were in the beginning on 2018 you have changed so much. I know some people make fun of New Year’s Resolutions, but I love them! I like any excuse to start fresh and make new goals, I think that’s part of the reason I actually like Mondays! I have posted my resolutions on my blog every year since 2015 – you can read them below and see how much I have changed!
My 2018 Resolutions – How did I do?
1. Say yes to new opportunities. I feel like I finally did this towards the end of the year! I worked with a ton of new local businesses and I was good about saying yes more!
2. But also learn to say no when you mean no. I have always been pretty good at this, but I was actually not so great this year. I think I pushed myself with being sick a lot when I should have been resting.
3. Travel. I went to Knoxville, Vegas, Scottsdale, Vegas again, Bora Bora, Tetiaroa, Nashville, Kentucky, and Colorado!
4. Save money. I did better than previous years, but need to work on this more!
5. Have a consistent morning routine that starts your day off right and work on my current consistent night routine that gets me ready for bed. I did pretty good at this, but still want to incorporate a few things and be consistent!
6. Only eat dairy on the weekends and try to only eat plant based/stick to calorie goals on the week days. I did so good at this in the beginning of the year, but in the fall and winter I kind of fell off the wagon.
7. Do something active every day. Definitely did not do this…
8. Get on a normal sleeping schedule on the week nights. I did okay at this!
9. Go to networking events and say yes to local opportunities. Be better at connecting with other bloggers. YES! I went to three events towards the end of the year and I am so proud of myself!
10. Post a video weekly. Nope, I want to post more videos in 2019 though!
11. Work at my desk instead of the couch or in bed. I was good about this half of the time, but still want to work at this!
12. Get better at being ahead on blog posts. This came in waves, sometimes I was ahead and sometimes I was scrambling haha!
13. Learn to push myself. I definitely pushed myself, I am really proud of that!
14. Keep growing personally, emotionally, and in my passions. I grew so much this year, definitely my best year yet!
15. Read these goals daily. I did not do this, I had printed them out to read and I actually broke the frame they were in so and never replaced it!
My 2019 Resolutions
1. Save Money
Putting this one on here first because I am horrible at this! I think I have always just made the excuse “well I am only 20…” “well I am only 21…” the last few years. I have some savings built up, but I hate thinking back on some of the meaningless things I bought when I could have just saved the money. I move out of my apartment after this semester and back in with my family so I have no excuse not to be saving!
2. Say Yes to New Opportunities
I was good about this towards the end of 2018 and it is really something I want to continue! I have two blog events coming up and I can’t wait to go to more, meet new people, and grow!
3. Stick with Only Eating Dairy Once a Week
For a good price 75% of last year I was super good at not eating dairy (I am lactose intolerant). However, towards the end of the year and the holidays I started eating it a lot. I feel so much better when I am not eating dairy so I need to work on this.
4. Have a Healthier Year
Some things in 2018 were out of my control (such as getting mono), however, I really want to work on eating healthier and working out this year. I don’t want to drink as much in 2019 and also cut down on eating out.
5. Learn to Love Working Out
Speaking of working out, I want to learn to love it again! Instead of just saying “workout more” in 2019, I want to try new classes, and find things I actually enjoy doing. I want to set myself up for success!
6. Get on a Good Schedule
I was pretty good at this in 2018, but I have a lot of new projects coming and I need to work on getting ahead and staying ahead! I am going to put up a post soon explaining my new blogging schedule and also how I personally schedule my life!
7. Stick to my Morning Routine and Night Routine
I want to remember to wash my face, take my vitamins, and also take some time to relax everyday either in the morning or at night. I just started reading again and I really want to take the time to shut my brain off from multitasking and just focus on that!
8. Read a Book a Month
This may not seem like a lot, but I am a slower reader and I wanted to make my goal realistic. Like I said above, I want to take the time to just slow down and focus on one thing.
9. Keep Growing
In relationships, as a person, my blog, and my Instagram.
I went to so many amazing places in 2018 and I can’t wait to see where life takes me this year!
11. Minimize my Life
I will always be someone that has a lot of clothing, but I hate clutter and I need to donate and sell a lot of stuff! I am going to work on that this week to start the year off right!
12. Open an Online Boutique
This is a little secret I have been keeping for awhile, I am opening a boutique in 2019!
Wahoo! Like I said above, this year I am opening an online boutique! Some of you actually guessed it when I hinted about a new project last month. I am so excited! I am a person that when I decide I want to do something, then I want to do it RIGHT AWAY and won’t be able to stop thinking about it. I really want to take it slow and do everything right though. I am still woking through the legal steps right now, but I am going to do a name reveal soon!
Happy New Year babes!
Lauren Emily Lindmark
P.S. my copyright says 2019 now ahh so crazy!
Copyright © 2019 dailydoseofcharm.com